2. Software preparation¶
2.1. Installing 3rd party libraries¶
The 3DTracker-FAB utilizes functions of many free software libraries. Please download and install the software below. You can download the software from our website at http://3dtracker.org/downloads.html
- OpenCV 3.2.0 (library for image processing)
- PCL 1.8.0 (library for point cloud processing)
- Visual C++ 2015 redistributable (library for running the software that was written on Visual Studio C++ 2015)
- Kinect for Windows Runtime v1.8 (library for Kinect v1 camera and backward compatibility)
DO NOT install the R200 driver provided by Intel because the 3DTracker doesn’t need it. Also, some users have reported that updating the R200 firmware could trigger the malfunctioning of the R200 (see https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/163; https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/429).
After installing the libraries above, add the following folder to the environment variable “PATH”:
- C:\opencv320\build\x64\vc14\bin (change “C:\opencv320”, to your install directory)
- C:\Program Files\PCL 1.8.0\bin
- C:\Program Files\OpenNI2\Redist
See how to add directories to the “PATH”: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
2.2. Installing main programs of the 3DTracker-FAB¶
Download the prebuilt version of the 3DTracker-FAB from the website http://3dtracker.org/downloads.html Uncompress the downloaded zip file. The extracted folder contains the software and data folder.
Because recorded data will be initially saved in the data folder, it is recommended to place the extracted data folder in a large HDD.